Monday, April 4, 2011

Recap of Week 2

My Top 10 Priorities is tacked to my wall beside my computer monitor at work. It's hard not to glance at it every time I look up at the computer.
My children's health and view of the world: Aaron read Jude parts of two books that we bought a long time ago this past week. One was about inventions, and he read a few sections of that, and the other was about China, which Jude was curious about because our neighbors are Vietnamese/Chinese/American. I felt good about Jude learning things like these. As for Tahiri, I slacked off on giving her the medicine twice a day like I should. I am now putting it on the stove next to the door (when the stove's not on of course) so that I can't leave the house without being reminded that it needs to be done.

My relationship with Aaron: I have been very leery of Aaron this week. I haven't been able to really conversate with him and I couldn't really figure out why. But he keeps picking at me about being Buddhist and a vegetarian. So finally, we had a talk and he explained that he didn't mean to hurt my feelings and that he would be more supportive. It made me feel closer to him.

Being Buddhist: I haven't been the best Buddhist lately. I've been getting frustrated and angry at ignorant people, when really I should just be a little sad for them because they don't understand how the world works, at least not from my perspective. I am however considering turning a closet that we rarely use into my sanctuary where I can sit and meditate when I need to and close the door when I don't so things don't get broken. I just don't know if that's considered disrespectful. I have to ask my neighbors.

Eating Healthy: I've been doing much better. I have eaten mostly rice the past week, with a few cheats here and there. It actually works pretty well because I'm not as hungry throughout the day. Soon, Aaron and I will go on our 4 month rice fast.

Exercising: Not been doing it. :(

Finishing work while at work: I actually stayed at work until 7pm on Saturday and cleaned my whole office. It feels fantastic. Now I'm working on my filing and making sure I get everything done on time.

Saving Money: Haven't been doing this either. :(

Crafting: Haven't had time, but I have lots of ideas.

Reading: I actually took a break a couple nights this past week and took a bath and read. I've also tried reading before I go to sleep.

Establishing lasting friendships: My friend Marissa came over last Monday night to hang out, my two K(ch)risti's came over on Sunday, and my friend Sadie (and Marissa) are coming over tonight.

As for my weekly better life stuff, I have done at least 5 minutes of physical activity each day. We have been trying to give our kids breakfast every morning because we haven't been before now. I know everyone's BMI except Aaron's. And we still have a pretty strict bedtime, but have problems with Tahiri getting into Jude's bed and him coming to tell on here. So 2 hours after "bedtime" they are still awake. We also haven't made Jude the ticket system yet. We really need to...

No comments:

Post a Comment