Monday, April 18, 2011

Recap of Week 4

Cleaning has been difficult this past week, due to our washing machine breaking. That then spiraled into a giant mess. In order to get the washer out of our tiny laundry area (also our pantry), Aaron had to move the refrigerator and take the pantry off the wall. Now, the large "pantry" is in the middle of our kitchen and all of the food that was once in it is all over our counters and stove. So clothes are piled everywhere and there are piles of stuff lying around waiting for the chaos to stop. The washer is supposed to get here on Wednesday, and Bob got a new fridge because ours is a disaster. That is supposed to be delivered on Saturday. Then, things can resume to normality, at least normality for us.

As for the week towards a happier family, we have done quite a few good things in regards to that. The kids and I went on a picnic and nature walk one day last week after I got off of work. Aaron was not able to join us because he was working late, but the kids had a lot of fun playing with bubbles, scouting for bugs, and running around the park. In fact, a child that we met there looked at the little notebooks and crayons I got for the kids to draw what they see and said that I thought of everything. It was awesome that someone noticed that I'd put a lot of effort into this trek.

On Saturday, while my dad had Jude, I took Tahiri to the Easter egg hunt at the presidential library downtown. Since that was pretty windy, I went to pick up my friend Marissa and went to the Blooms festival at this awesome park for the arts in the woods. We walked around for hours and then took the kids back home. We stayed up late, smoked the hookah, and did mini healing sessions. Then we dressed up Sunday and took another hike.

My turbulent week ended with beautiful synthesis and the feeling of being truly okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment