Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 1: Monday, March 21

I started by writing out the rules and goals on a previous post. Then, I tried to practice what I was saying. After work, I went straight to the daycare. I didn't even go inside the house for anything first. I walked the half a block to the daycare, picked up the kids, and took them across the street to the elementary school playground. The kids played until Jude's face turned bright red. Then, I walked them home and said goodbye to Aaron as he left for plumbing school. This happens every Monday. Then, I gently told Jude that there would be no tv or computer. When he asked to play games on my phone, I also said no. He cried and threw a fit and complained that he was hungry. Instead of making a bunch of macaroni and filling him up with it, I made that plus some chicken nuggets and some corn. He actually ate all of his nuggets and mac and cheese, but refused to touch his corn. It made me happy that it was just on his plate. Tahiri ate a lot of her stuff too and then I put her into the bath while Jude played with his toys. After her bath, I got her pajamas on, gave her a vitamin and she sat on her bed and chewed it while I brushed out her hair, whispering Amitabha to her in the dark. She said, "night night momma" and I crept out of the room. Then, I read 4 books to Jude, and since he had been so great, I let him watch one episode of the Backyardigans before bed. He then went to bed without protest. It felt like an incredible win.

No comments:

Post a Comment