Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fuzzy Boots


The first time my daughter Tahiri saw these boots, she was terrified. Her father and I were not there to witness it but her Grammy testified to the fear. Aaron reassured his mother that he could get Tahiri to wear the boots. About a week later, after getting her dressed one morning, I tried to put the boots on her. She usually loves shoes, and "socks (pronounced sox)" and "shooz" were two of her first words, but this particular morning, she kicked and screamed when she saw me coming with them. She fought me while I put them on her and then collapsed on the bedroom floor and cried, face down in the carpet. Aaron and I ignored her and went about our morning ritual, and sure enough, about 2 minutes later when I went in to ask if she wanted breakfast, she stood up and ran for the kitchen, singing out "nommie noms." Since then, if we let her pick out her own shoes, she will always select this awesome pair of fuzzy boots. Who knows why she was so scared of them at first, but now I know that ignoring her and letting her throw her little tantrum is the right thing to do when these things occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment